Why not treat yourself or someone special to one of our Meerkat Encounters?
Get the opportunity to go in the enclosure with our breeding group of meerkats and feed them their favourite food! Participants will be accompanied by a knowledgeable keeper who will be able to answer any questions.
What do you get when you go on a Meerkat Encounter?
- 30 minutes feeding the meerkats in their enclosure
- A small Meerkat stuffed toy
- A Meerkat Encounter completion certificate
- Admission to the animal park for the participant
- 10 min briefing session prior to the Encounter
- Complimentary drink for the participant in our tearoom
- The opportunity to learn from and ask questions from one of our Meerkat keepers!
- Get to meet the meerkats’ enclosure companions - the cape porcupines!
Meerkat Encounters are £30 each. Members and Meerkat Adopters receive 10% off the encounter price.
The encounter is available for adults and children over the age of 7 years old; however children between the ages of 7 and 15 years must be accompanied by a spectating parent or guardian paying normal zoo admission (1 adult per 1 child).
There may be up to 2 other participants taking part in the same Encounter.
We regret that this encounter is currently not suitable for wheelchair users.
You can purchase a Meerkat Encounter from our online shop, in-store or alternatively, Contact Us to organise the encounter over the phone or by email. Pre-booking is recommended, but we may also have availability on the day of your visit, ask in the tearoom for more info!