First of all, thank you for choosing to book a visit with us and support the zoo.
It has been an incredibly difficult and challenging year for everyone and the most difficult time in the zoo's history. We are so thankful for everyone's support throughout the last year and we can't wait for you to visit and see everything that we have been up to.
What to expect from your visit:
- Social Distancing is still in place and advised, however, there is no longer a one-way system around the Zoo as the paths are wide enough to keep your distance.
- The indoor animal exhibit areas: Hothouse & Nocturnal Area are OPEN. This means that the invertebrates, reptiles, armadillos, marmosets are now on-show.
- Our cafe, Bear Falls Cafe is OPEN, and you can sit indoors to eat your food. We have outdoor picnic areas that you can use next to the cafe, the play area and our Ice Cream pod.
- Animal talks are taking place due to social distancing restrictions. There are also QR codes on the Meerkat, Capybara, Lemur & Raccoon Enclosures if you would like to watch a virtual animal talk & feed.
- All visitors must PRE-book their zoo tickets and arrive at the zoo within their 45 minute allotted timeslot. Once in the zoo, you can stay as long as you like. The zoo closes at 5pm.
- Our electric ride-on tractors are running, as are the mini-diggers. These are coin-operated at £1 per ride.
- The Play Area is OPEN.
- Toilets and facilities are OPEN.
- Group sizes are limited to 6 people correlating with Social Distancing rules.
- Our Wallaby Walkthrough enclosure is OPEN to the public, however, the Lemur Woods Walkthrough Enclosure is also OPEN from 11am-2pm everyday.
- Please read our Footpath Update with regards to bringing pushchairs/wheelchairs.
Daily Interactive Displays: Mini Beasts and Bird Display in the Wild Theatre
Every day we currently have a limited number of spaces available for our indoor displays at the Wild Theatre. We recommend waiting outside the Wild Theatre 10 min before the show starts to ensure you can get a space in the display.