First of all, thank you for choosing to book a visit with us and support the zoo.
It has been an incredibly difficult and challenging year for everyone and the most difficult time in the zoo's history. We are so thankful for everyone's support throughout the last year and we can't wait for you to visit and see everything that we have been up to.
What to expect from your visit:
- Social Distancing is still in place and advised, however, there is no longer a one-way system around the Zoo as the paths are wide enough to keep your distance.
- The indoor animal exhibit areas: Hothouse & Nocturnal Area are CLOSED due to current indoor restrictions. This means that the invertebrates, reptiles, armadillos, marmosets are not on-show. All other species are on-show with outside access.
- Our cafe, Bear Falls Cafe is OPEN, but it is only open for take-away food and drink. We have outdoor picnic areas that you can use next to the cafe, the play area and our Ice Cream pod.
- There are currently no animal talks/feeds taking place due to social distancing restrictions. However, there are QR codes on the Meerkat, Capybara, Lemur & Raccoon Enclosures if you would like to watch a virtual animal talk & feed.
- All visitors must PRE-book their zoo tickets and arrive at the zoo within their 45 minute allotted timeslot. Once in the zoo, you can stay as long as you like. The zoo closes at 5pm.
- Our electric ride-on tractors are currently not in use, but we are hoping to get them up and running ASAP.
- The Play Area is OPEN, but the pedal tractors are not available.
- Face-masks must be worn when in the Entrance/Gift Shop as well as in the Cafe and Snow Leopard Indoor Viewing House.
- Toilets and facilities are OPEN.
- Group sizes are limited to 6 people correlating with Social Distancing rules.
- Our Wallaby Walkthrough enclosure is OPEN to the public, however, the Lemur Woods Walkthrough Enclosure is still closed due to Covid.