Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of Northumberland Country Zoo (“the Website”) is subject exclusively to these Terms and Conditions. You will not use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions. By using the Website you are fully accepting the terms, conditions and disclaimers contained in this notice. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
• “Patrons” refers to…
- all ticket holding visitors, and any accompanying children who qualify for free entry to the parks
- anyone who is a member of a private or corporate group or party booking
- anyone who is taking part in one of the Experiences, and any permitted spectators accompanying them
- any paying or qualifying non-paying care worker or helper accompanying a disabled &/or vulnerable child or adult
• “Service(s)” where used refers to Northumberland Zoo rides (including those that are not included in the ticket price and for which there may be an additional charge), private and corporate “Experience Days” and “Events”, and all other facilities that are available for Patrons use.
• Unless the context otherwise requires, references to the singular include the plural and references to the masculine include the feminine, and vice versa.
• Any phrase in which is used: “such as”, “not (necessarily) limited to”, “include”, “includes”, “including”, or any similar alternative expression, shall be construed as an illustrative example only and shall not limit the contextual intent or meaning of the phrase or the Condition(s) in which these appear.
• Any reference(s) to a statute or statutory provision is reference to such statute or statutory provision as amended or re-enacted, and includes any and all subordinate legislation made under that statute or statutory provision.
• Headings used in these Terms & Conditions are for convenience of reference only and do not affect their interpretation.
1. Northumberland Zoo reserves the right to alter &/or amend these Terms & Conditions without prior notice.
◦ Any such alteration &/or amendment shall not affect any existing (pre-paid/booked) ticket holders retrospectively unless it is to their benefit.
2. Entry to Northumberland Zoo is entirely subject to these Terms & Conditions, and by purchasing a ticket(s) or entering one of the parks (including approach drives and car parks) Patrons shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
3. Northumberland Zoo managers will, at their discretion, exercise the right either to refuse entry or remove any Patron(s), or have said Patron(s) removed by the Police if necessary, who contravenes or, in the manager’s judgement, is likely to contravene these conditions of entry and visit to the park, under which circumstance no refund of the ticket(s) price will be offered or given.
◦ This will normally (but not necessarily exclusively) apply to a Patron(s) whose actions &/or behaviour Northumberland Zoo management deems or reasonably believes is or is likely to be dangerous &/or to the detriment of its other visiting Patrons, &/or staff, &/or property
4. Entry to Northumberland Zoo is by ticket only, which can either be purchased online in advance or over the phone.
5. Tickets/bookings for a fixed date must be used on the date indicated.
No refund will be given for tickets which have not been used. In
extenuating circumstances and for a £1.00 fee, Northumberland Zoo may
be able to move bookings not used on the relevant date to an alternative
visit date. This would need to be prior to the visit date and in
writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
◦ Partially used bookings cannot be moved or the unused tickets refunded.
6. All bookings, (whether by/for: individuals, couples or families, or; private or corporate groups, functions or parties) are made, subject to availability.
◦ In the event that your preferred date is unavailable, or the park has to be closed for health &/or safety reasons such as, but not necessarily limited to: extreme &/or severe weather conditions,Northumberland Zoo will make all reasonable endeavours to provide you with an acceptable alternative booking date
7. Where payment has been tendered by cheque and the cheque has been returned unpaid by the account holding bank, Northumberland Zoo will charge a fee of ten pounds only (£10.00), to reimburse its own bank’s charges.
The encounter is available for adults and children over the age of 10 years old; however children between the ages of 10 and 15 years must be accompanied by a spectating parent or guardian paying normal zoo admission (1 adult per 1 child).
We regret that the encounters are currently not suitable for wheelchair users.
Encounters purchased may have up to 1 other person on the experience with them.
The contents of the Website do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making or refraining from making, any decision.
CHANGES TO WEBSITE
Northumberland Country Zoo reserves the right to:
change or remove (temporarily or permanently) the Website or any part of it without notice and you confirm that Northumberland Country Zoo shall not be liable to you for any such change or removal; and
change these Terms and Conditions at any time, and your continued use of the Website following any changes shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Website may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
All copyright, trade marks and all other intellectual property rights in the Website and its content (including without limitation the Website design, text, graphics and all software and source codes connected with the Website) are owned by or licensed to Northumberland Country Zoo or otherwise used by Northumberland Country Zoo as permitted by law.
In accessing the Website you agree that you will access the content solely for your personal, non-commercial use. None of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. This excludes the downloading, copying and/or printing of pages of the Website for personal, non-commercial home use only.
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Website is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, Northumberland Country Zoo will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data, profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of the Website.
Northumberland Country Zoo makes no warranty that the functionality of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed so as to exclude or limit the liability of Northumberland Country Zoo for death or personal injury as a result of the negligence of Northumberland Country Zoo or that of its employees or agents.
Northumberland Country Zoo can not be held responsible in any way for the contents of the this site or images which appear on it beyond its reasonable control. All copyrights for images shown are provided by the party responsible for providing the images to Northumberland Country Zoo. Northumberland Country Zoo cannot be held liable in any way for copyright or licensing infringments by a third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold Northumberland Country Zoo and its employees and agents harmless from and against all liabilities, legal fees, damages, losses, costs and other expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against Northumberland Country Zoo arising out of any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.